Saturday, January 23

Taxi Driver Wisdom

Today, I took a cab to the embassy.
I was already late. I need to be there fast.

As the cab drove across Bukit Timah Road, the cab driver asked me
"Shall we turn here?" pointing at a road on the left-front.
I hesitate for a while.. But then I said, "No. Go straight first, then turn left on Newton Circus."

The driver nodded, smiled. I looked outside the window, but then I realized that I'm not a Singaporean..
"Er... We actually could turn left that way, couldn't we?" I asked him, a bit embarrassed. The driver laughed.
"No, sir... You show me your way. As a taxi driver, you take your passenger to where they want to go, how they want to get there. That's more important. You don't do anyhow."

That struck me.

It made me think, aren't we, as Christians, ought to do that as well with our lives?
We are to follow Christ wherever He wants to take us, how ever He wants to take us there.

I smiled... Thank you, Mister... I looked at his ID Card, Mr. Tan Kok Kiang, for reminding me to follow my Saviour and let Him take me wherever, whenever, how ever He wants to take me.


May this be a blessing to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment